When I began my list of 1000 Gifts, Ann sent me a sweet "welcome" e-mail and suggested that I might consider putting a timeframe on making 1000 choices to live with gratitude... a goal to spur me on as I'd shared with her I was struggling to be consistent in recording my blessings. Being the perfectionist with a fear of failure that I evidently still am aware of the unpredictability of life from week to week, I chose not to set a deadline. I've been discouraged by unmet unrealistic personal goals far too many times and didn't want to go there this time. Bad choice.
So, once again, I'm back, choosing to smile at the ever-present but seldom-noticed beauty around me:
100. Dragonflies, hope, and the promise of victory.
101. The mystery of prayer.
102. The hum of the little one as she drifts off to sleep.
103. Sweaty red-cheeked kids rushing in after dusk for a cold drink.
104. Weeping together when the load is heavy.
105. Good manners once in a while.
106. Fifteen dollars worth of inflatable fun.
108. Spending time with the our favorite Haitians.